How to Ride SafeBus
SafeBus service is for KU students and operates from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday throughout both the Fall & Spring Semesters. There is a limit of one non-student guest per student passenger.
How to Ride
- Determine the bus stop closest to your location, using the SafeBus map. (Note that SafeBus stops only at the locations shown on the map, and is not a 'wave down' system.)
- Use the route schedule to determine the nearest time point before your stop. Correspond the time point to the time tables and see when the next bus will be arriving at your stop.
- When the bus arrives, make sure you have your KU Card, and promptly present this to the driver upon entry onto their bus.
- While on the bus, do not distract either the driver or your fellow passengers, as distractions cause accidents and incidents!
- Signal with the bell cord to the driver that you would like to stop before your destination approaches. Remain seated and in the upright position until the momentum of the bus has stopped entirely.
- Get out to the bus stop a bit early — being too early and having to wait is preferable to being too late and missing the bus.
- As the bus approaches, signal to the driver that you would like to ride: Step towards the curb, give the secret hand signal (a wave), and make eye contact with the driver.
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask your driver. Our bus drivers are great resources and more than willing to assist you if you ask!